Making your own Cardboard Picture Frames is not just a fun craft project to do with the kids, but it can also save you money and who doesn’t like the idea of that?
I don’t know about you but the odd $5 here for this and $10 here for that soon adds up, turning the school holidays into a costly affair for moms, dads and grandparents.
So why not get creative and also fill in a few hours by making your own cardboard picture frames for livening up the walls with your own artistic flare.
You could also make several of these frames and create a collage for your wall filling them with all the photographs of family and friends you have taken over the school vacation.
It’s a really simple project all you need is:
- 1 Large Cardboard Box (for drawing your frame on)
- 1 Cutting Knife
- Cool Shapes to Trace Round ( or create some frame shapes on your computer and paste onto the cardboard and cut out, or free-hand draw your frame, if your feeling extra creative)
- Decorating Materials (markers, stickers, magazine cuttings, glitter, wallpaper, wrapping paper etc.)
- Tape (for sticking photo to the back of frame)
- Colored Tread (if you want to hang your frame on the wall)
First decided what size frame you require and either design the shape on your computer or draw it free hand on your cardboard box.
Second place your photograph within your frame shape and cut out an opening about half an inch smaller than your photo in the center of the frame shape.
Attach your photograph behind this opening with tape.
If you don’t like the plain brown style of the cardboard you could always jazz it up with wrapping paper, stickers, beads, colored markers or any other materials that you like.
Now hang it on your bedroom wall and mavel at your creative genius.
Moms celebrate with a nice glass of wine, hours flew by and you saved a few bucks and created another special memory all captured in easy simple Cardboard Picture Frames!
Check back often for more ideas on getting your photos out there proudly on display.
Want to get new posts delivered to your email inbox? Just enter your details in the box below and I’ll rush them to you in super quick time.